Members visibility website travelgatex.com

Hello,

Problem description: We have different members that need to access travelgate website but for different purposes, so we need to be able to give visibility for certain content but not for other.

For Instance, we would like to have 3 different members as:

Member type 1:

• Have access to see the API Key.
  • Don’t have visibility over the access management (“My Connections” section). Or just be able to see the access but not to edit.
  • Have access to APPs.

Member type 2:

• Don’t have access to see the API Key.
  • Have visibility & edit permissions over the access management (“My Connections” section).
  • Have access to APPs.

Member type 3:

• Only have access to APPs.

This way we can ensure the minimum number of people have access to sensible information as credentials.

It would be great to be able to manage this through the website but, if not, at least requesting this set up by ticket as a first release.

Thank you

Hi @noel.maya,

Thanks for submitting your idea.

Now there’s a minimal configuration about member permissions on the TravelgateX Platform, this is managed on Member Settings allowing to handle only 2 different permissions:

• Standard: Can manage all Organization Plattform features
  • Owner: Standard + Create/Remove Organizations Members

Increasing the granularity of these permissions is in our Roadmap but for your comments, we identify 2 scenarios related to sensitive data:

• API Keys
  • Supplier accesses

Keep updated on this Post and feel free to open a Ticket in our Customer Care to check if there’s a workaround until this feature is released. Now, I suggest to limit your Organization’s staff members.

Thanks for your collaboration

Hi @noel.maya ,

first of all, my apologize for such a late reply. For your information, we have started working on a next step regarding members, and we’ve taken your point for our next development. Let me explain at very high level what we’re going to offer soon, potentially during October :

• There will be 2 main roles : Admin (who will basically have the same permissions as today) and “User” (in general, this user will be a simple “viewer”)
  • The “User” role will NOT be able to see the API Key as you are requesting

This is obviously only a first step in the Members Management improvement, but that will at least permit starting with a new approach in terms of permissions within an organization.

I will keep you posted on our work!

Regards

José

Hi @noel.maya ,

How are you? I am glad to inform you that based on your feedback, we have started improving the way Users are managed through the TravelgateX platform. We have just released a brand new experience, with 2 new types of roles, one of them taking into account exactly what you needed, id-est not showing the API Key to this user type. You can find the complete release note here : New users creation, management and roles features

It is obviously just a new step and I will be glad to receive your feedback or new ideas, to build together our product!

Warm regards

josé