Add to the b2b the possibility to search using booking ref + date

Usually, our team use the travelgateX b2b website in order to “search” our suppliers bookings (specially when our supplier doesn’t have a b2b access for us… for example with PINN)

We are facing some difficulties because when the supplier doesn’t have booking-list transaction in their API we can’t use the travelgateX b2b for this…

The idea is to develop on the travelgateX b2b the possibility to search using booking ref + date the bookings using booking-read transaction instead of booking-list

Regards

Hello Javier,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Before we make a discovery over it, and to make sure we understand the problem you are facing behind this issue, would you please give us more information on why you need to search your supplier bookings?

Regarding what you are proposing, could you also confirm, please, that you need to search by:

• booking ref. (as mandatory)
    AND
  • reservation date OR booking start date (as optional)

Thank you.

BR.
Eduardo

Hello Eduardo,

Thanks for your interest

We need to search our supplier bookings in your b2b when our suppliers doesn’t have their own b2b that allow us to search our bookings

Usually we use it “when there is some unexpected error during the booking process (for example timeout)” or “when we want to cancel a booking but the API is failing…”

In particular, with premier inn supplier, your team told me their booking-read transaction require booking ref + booking date

Regards

Hi @javier.villacorta ,

A possible solution we’re considering would be to split the B2B functionality into two screens, one for the “My Bookings” (which is the current one) and another (new) for the “booking read”, in this “booking read” offer these fields to be filled in and just only for one booking.

In the case of Premier Inn, which doesn’t allow search by ranges, only this “booking read” could be used.

Would it be feasible for you?

Kind regards

Hi @ruben.caballero

For me it’s OK to create that “new” section to search an individual booking in order to manage it (cancel, modify, etc) instead of use the “my bookings” one that will remain to search using the booking-list transaction

Maybe will be great to have some tip to suggest to the “my bookings” user to try the “new” one when no results searching by “booking id” or at least to show a warning message that says “the supplier doesn’t implemented the booking-list transaction”

Regards

Hi @ruben.caballero

Any news about this?

Nowadays, our operative team is trying to look for some bookings in ‘my bookings’ but no answer is provided even though they fill all the gaps.

Regards

Hi @andrea.medina,

we’re considering the idea of always requiring the following dates:

Creation date
Checkin date
Checkout date

Would it be feasible for you to have this information? the idea isn’t to have to pass on to you a logic for each Seller.

if you could explain the possible problems you encounter, it would be helpful.

Many thanks

Hi @ruben.caballero

It is okay as soon as we get the option to reach the book entering information. Nowadays, no matter how much information we enter, nothing is provided.

We need to be able to manage bookings as Javier Villacorta mentioned before: 'For me it’s OK to create that “new” section to search an individual booking in order to manage it (cancel, modify, etc) instead of use the “my bookings” one that will remain to search using the booking-list transaction’

Regards,

Hi @andrea.medina

I’m aware that no information is returned now, what I’m commenting is if you have that information to make the request.

Hi @ruben.caballero

Yes

Thank you

Hi @javier.villacorta and @andrea.medina ,

I’m happy to announce that we’ve released a new release that will allow you to search by References and Dates, for more info see this topic in Community Releases

Kind regards.